Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fielding Fun Day

Saturday was Fielding Fun Day. Fielding is the town I grew up in and where my parents, grandma and sister's family still live. Every July they have a little town celebration with a 5k run, breakfast, a parade, games, bake sale and dinner. I haven't made it to very many Fun Days since moving away, but last night my mom talked us into going over. Hayden and I went over to the yummy free breakfast.
Grandpa Ted cleaned his 4-wheeler all up and Hayden decorated in red, white and blue crape paper. Ted drove Hayden and Cache in the trailer and they threw out candy.

The parade lasted about one whole minute. 2 fire trucks, 1 ambulance, a primary float, 4-wheelers, kids on bikes and 2 horses.
Look at this cute barrel train, it was pretty long
You could tell the volunteer fire department was excited to be riding in the fire trucks
"Oh Fielding we're loyal to you."

5 comments:

About Us said...

Darcie, You kill me! lol (oh Fielding we're loyal to you) I wanted to come, but James & I both had to work. Looks like you had a good time!

Carrie said...

hey, great minds think alike, i have this background right now too :)

Camille said...

I glad you fit Fielding Fun Days into your schedule. That would be something you sure wouldn't want to miss. Don't you worry, I made it to the Elwood Town Party. It was a huge hit.

Cheryl said...

Oh this cracks me up! Hey you gotta love traditions and the 4-wheeler looks great!

Jenny said...

I LOVE small town celebrations. They are so fun. Even though the parades are small...they don't skip out on the good candy.