Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall is my favorite

Life is crazy, and ours never seems to slow down. But, Fall is just about here. I love Fall. It is Utah's best season, in my opinion. I am thankful for the diverse climate we have here in Utah.
Things I love about Fall are:
  • The temperature is mostly perfect. The only time of year I can come home from work and go on a jog and not die of heat or cold. I love to run outside, when possible, and to feel a light cool breeze on me is invigorating. I love to hear leaves crunch under my feet.

  • The sun starts to go down sooner. I love summer nights when Hayden is out of school and doesn't have a bed time, but getting back into a schedule is more my style. When its darker sooner, we all go to bed sooner, this makes for happier people the next day.

  • The smells. Old leaves and crisp air, pumpkin and cinnamon smells. I like the smell of burning leaves. It's probably from living in the country and that's how people get rid of them.

  • I love all the Fall foods. I get excited to make pumpkin rolls and apple crisp, yummy soups and breads. They fill the house with such yummy smells. I love to bake and someday would love to go to culinary school. I make treats about everyday, its my hobby. ( Hayden recently had a vocabulary word that was "craving." Jeremy was quizzing her and she didn't know what it meant. He explained that craving is what pregnant people do, they crave certain foods while they are pregnant. Hayden's Brian started working a little too hard and she started to think that I must be pregnant. The next day she came in and I had just got done making peanut butter bars. She said, "Wow, Mom, you sure have been making a lot of treats, have you been "craving" them? I said, " not anymore than usual" I felt bad, because I knew what she was leading to. No, I am not pregnant, I just really love treats.)

  • Halloween and Thanksgiving, some of my favorites. Halloween is so fun, especially with kids. Picking out costumes and walking around the neighborhood to get candy, what could be funner. I don't mind getting dressed up myself. Thanksgiving was always fun at our house because Cannon's birthday was right around there. He always loved pumpkin pie and so we made a lot of it. Homemade rolls and mashed potatoes and gravy that my grandma made were my favorite.

I know I could go on and on. I am just feeling thankful that in my crazy life there are things that always stay the same.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree!!!

I love fall too. We drove through Logan canyon on Friday and all the leaves are turning. I started to get teary eyed. I am a dork.

Michelle said...

I agree with all of your thoughts, but i'm a spring girl!! We really do need to get together soon!

About Us said...

What a fun post, I love it!! I must say I did think you were making an announcement:) LOL I'm still planning on coming over & going to the Pumpkin Walk so as it gets closer find out when it starts & let me know so we can make a date, and maybe we could go eat at Texas Roadhouse after??

Roylance Rundown said...

What a cute post. I think I am more of a springer also. Fall reminds me of my birthday and another year older. Yikes!!

Camille Schmidt said...

Now I'm in the mood for fall, thanks Darcie! I hate to see summer go, but now that it's cooling off and after reading your post I'm excited for all the great things fall brings(just not the winter, it's too long!). I love that we live in a place that we can enjoy the change of seasons four times!

Carrie said...

oh! I LOVE fall too! mmmm everythig about it is delicious!! the smells, colors, etc... I really love most all the seasons BUT winter. winter is too long and dark and depressing...excpet for christmas...so, after christmas winter can just be OVER with in my opinion...just snow in the mts. for the ski and snow board is fine. well, i really suck at blogging right now, life has been so busy and crazy here as well. maybe now that fall is here i can get back into it.....maybe, i hope! :) hope to see you guys soon, was good to see jer the other day. the kids have been asking about him ever since. it's been cute. we saw andy yesterday and they kept calling him jeremy even tho i told them 100 times he was andy. the kids love you guys! wish we could see you more! :) xoxox

Carrie said...

p.s. we love you too, not just the kids...Lol!