Friday, November 26, 2010

Room Transformation: Before & After

My New Years' Resolution was to transform my exercise room into Hayden's bedroom and make the water closet storage room into a walk-in closet.
BEFORE
 Here is my exercise room that I painted 3 years ago. I wanted bright colors that would give me energy.  I loved this room and used it almost on a daily basis.  It was hard to let it go.

BEFORE
Here is the water closet/mess.  It was the only part of the house that was never finished.  I paid my talented brother Cannon to come and sheet rock it and divide it off from the furnace and water heater.  It was a great transformation.

AFTER
 So I started back in January.  I painted the room a light turquoise, put up beadboard (wallpaper) and the chair rail.  Then I had to caulk it all and paint the beadboard and the chair rail.  It took me weeks before I got it exactly perfect.
 AFTER
Then on to the closet.  Cannon made a dividing wall and then put in a door.  I painted the closet and even cut and laid the carpet.  Jeremy put up the new shelves and racks.
Its now ready for some clothes.

Finished Product


Finished and Decorated



Hayden is loving her new room, she has a walk-in closet bigger than ours, a reading corner and entertainment closet (tv, dvd, stereo).
I finally have one resolution checked off my list, now to start on the rest. j/k  And to think it only took me 11 months :-)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

The room looks really good! I have that same lamp in Zach's room. I think the colors might be a little darker though. I'm really impressed that you did the carpet! I bet she loves her room, it looks great! :)

Melissa said...

I think you did an AMAZING job. I should have you come decorate my house! ;)

Carrie said...

I bet Hayden loves it! Nice work, it looks great!! Makes me wanna start another project...almost. Lol. Where did you get the beadboard wallpaper idea?? Jk!! ;)

Heidi said...

What a cute room - it's amazing you did all that work yourself!

What happened to your exercise room?

Camille Schmidt said...

Wow you've been busy! Hayden's room looks great! What a good mom you are!