Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Favorite Tradition


Going the the annual Tabernacle Christmas concert has been a favorite tradition of mine since the first time I went back when it was in the Tabernacle instead of the Conference Center. Every year for about 12 years my family tries to go. We have only missed one or two times. We have seen various singers and actors, from Angela Landsbury to Walter Conkrite.

This morning we left our house at 7:20, the roads were very bad. There is never any parking close by so we had to walk a few blocks in the frigid weather.

This year only Mom, Ted, Cannon, Jeremy and me were able to go. My parents and Cannon got to sit on the front row, Jeremy and I were back aways.
I can honestly say that I enjoy every moment of the performance. There is the Choir, the Orchestra on Temple Square, The Bells on Temple Square, and dancers performing throughout each song. I just get such an energized feeling when I hear them sing.

This year the guests were Brian Stokes Mitchell a Broadway performer and Edward Herrman a movie and television actor. Brian was amazing.

The stage is always decorated so beautifully.
President Monson presented the performers with plaques afterward and thanked them for coming and sharing their talents with us.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yes, the Mormon Tab Christmas Concert...awesome! I have only gone one time. I think it was two years ago, or maybe three. But it was so cool. Much better than watching on T.V. I hope to go in person again soon. I am glad you guys got to go! That's a beautiful picture of the Temple. Great tradition :)

About Us said...

Sounds like you had a good time. I've never even heard of Tabernacle Christmas Concert. I guess I need to get out more:)

Britany said...

Oh i miss going to that soooo much, I'm glad you got to go, maybe i can make it next year.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun tradition. My husband and I attempted to go one year, and we ended up missing the concert because traffic and parking was so out of control. We were about 10 minutes late and they wouldn't let us in. Maybe, we should try it again. I am glad you loved it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.