Sunday, April 26, 2009

SuperCross Weekend

I always look forward to time when we can all get away. Jeremy and his family had this Supercross weekend planned before Christmas. I had know idea what SuperCross even was. I thought it was a red-neck event. I have never know anyone that has gone......until now.

Jeremy and I got work off Friday and Hayden got to miss school. We left Friday morning and went to SLC and got our taxes done. Then we went and got our hairs done at Olivia Jade Hair Studios by our lovely sister-in-law Jessica. She does an awesome job. Thanks Jessica!

We had a BBQ that night at Tim and Jessica's house and we watched BOLT. We are so thankful for their hospitality and letting us stay at their house. Thanks guys!
Saturday morning the guys all took off to go to Rice-Eccles Stadium. They were so excited and wanted to be able to meet the riders and see the motorcycles. Jessica, me and Hayden went shopping to the South Towne Mall. Hayden was so excited to be down in SLC again. She kept commenting on how she couldn't believe she was in SLC again and how she remembers everything. She is funny, she acts like we never go anywhere.

Hayden then got to have her dreams come true and got to go to the Arnold's, our old neighbors house, for the rest of the day and night. They have three girls that she thinks and wishes were her sisters. She loves them and wishes we still lived next door. Thanks Dianalynn!

Jessica and I shopped the rest of the day & found deals like us girls always tell our husbands:-) We met everyone else at the Stadium at 7. The parking was ridiculous and we parked like 5 miles away and caught a shuttle.

SuperCross is a motorcycle race in the dirt, for all you that don't know like I didn't. There are no tricks or stunts involved, just racing, and Pink's estranged husband, Corey Hart, has nothing to do with this type of motorcycles event. The guys loved it. It was a cold night.

We picked Hayden up around 11:40 and stayed at Tim and Jessica's again. We left Sunday morning. We love our weekend away.

This was at the beginning or the event, when it was still light outside.

This is the fun group we went with. Me, Lindy, Dan, Preston, Carrie, Jessica & Tim.

Here are some racers. There was even a kid from Lehi competing, which the Newcomb's loved.

Here is a little video clip of what it's like.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well, there was SUPPOSED to be some "trick" Carey Hart style riding, but they cancled it due to the rain, which I was sad about, and I think the dirt looked pretty good despite the rain! Oh well!
:( AND they used to do this thing called the KTM kids. It was sooo cute, kids age 8 (or something like that) and under would race around the track on tiny KTM (brand like Yamaha or Honda) bikes, I just loved that. but I guess they don't so it anymore. Anyway...I love Supercross, and I used to maybe love it a little more..but I am thinkin of going to the finals in Vegas next year. We have gone before and it was so fun! AND warm! Something we were unable to enjoy this past weekend! Lol! The first Supercross I went to I was a little unsure, but then, I was HOOKED! It's kinda funny! I think it helps if you have a favorite rider you can route for, that's why I used to love it a little more. I was a Ricky fan, then he retired. How would it be to retire years before you turn 30? It was a fun night! Glad Hayden was able to spend some time w/ old friends as well :)