Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentine's

Valentine's was uneventful this year. Usually the girls in the family try to do stuff for our guys, but this year it was a little unorganized.
The week before Valentine's I had a small little procedure done to my leg. While the doctor was fixing my varicose and spider veins I had him cut off my tattoo on my ankle. No big deal, right? Well the 4 inch incision became extremely infected and I was unable to walk or go to work, I had to be put on 2 courses of antibiotics. My foot was swollen, red, oozing puss and so painful, I couldn't put any weight on it. I sat on my couch all week. My sister, Harmony, came over for 2 days and made me food, took care of Hayden and cleaned. I was so ticked that it had happened and that I was using my vacation hours at work to sit on my couch. I didn't leave my house for about 8 days. This Valentine's dinner was my first outing. (I will post some before and after pictures when it is actually all healed)
Anyway, the last couple years we have gone to the Valentine's buffet at the Bluebird Restaurant as a family. The food is so good and they have yummy desserts. Since it was a buffet, I sat in my chair and Jeremy served me all my food so I didn't have to walk.
I really enjoy doing things as a family and I know I have the best parents and siblings and husband. I am one blessed girl.
So here is me and my Valentine. He was about ready to boot me to the curb after a week of being helpless, but he never complained. He helped we do dressing changes each day (yum).
Here are the cute Valentine girls. I love these cuties!

Here is the fun group that we went with: My parents and Grandma, Harmony, Steve, Devyn, Cannon and Justine.

Here is Hayden's awesome Valentine's box, this was the first year she got to make one at home.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Your poor leg! So is the varicose vein surgery bad? Painful and horrible recovery or was most the pain from the infection? Who did your surgery? I am so sorry you were so laid up! I would have come and helped you! You are one lucky girl with a beautiful hubby and daughter! Lucky you!

Darcie said...

Lisa,
The vein thing was nothing, it was the stupid tattoo. Dr. SWG did it. If you have any spider veins that don't look good, he can hook you up.

Cheryl said...

I am so sorry to hear you had to go through that...that's awful and totally stinks. I hope the rest of the recovery is speedy and I'm glad you all were able to head out for Valentines

Michelle said...

What a bummer! That totally stinks! Hopefully the rest of the healing happens quickly and uneventful :) Do you wanna get together and do something the first weekend of next month?

Jess and Tim Newcomb said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I had no idea anything was wrong, i'm so sorry about that! i hope you are feeling better

Carrie said...

Oh so sorry Darc! :( I am jealous of your procedure! I want to get mine done bad! You have nice legs though. I have pretty ugly legs so I am sure I would cover em up even if I had it done. Lol! Glad you are doing better, shoulda kept the tat on..not worth the pain of getting it off! I have heard that it is more painful to remomve than get.

Camille Schmidt said...

Darcie that stinks! Don't you know those kinds of things only happen to health care workers?! :) I actually had a dream last night that I picked Hayden up from school for you and brought her to your house and you were already in your pajamas and brushing your teeth! I thought wow, she goes to bed early, that must be how she has the energy to get do so many great things! He he, I don't know where that came from!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry! I get it though. I have a tatoo on my ankle that I wish wasn't there. It's to bad it turned into such a mess. I hope all is well now.

Heidi said...

Darn our mothers for passing on these varicose and spider veins! I've always wanted to have that surgery....

camille said...

Oh no, I sure hope your leg is feeling better!!!!

About Us said...

I guess I never saw this post before, cause I'm always in a rush when I blog any more...

But sorry about you leg, you should of called me so I could of brought you some dinner. Hope you are feeling better:)

And super cute pictures on Valentine's. I can't believe how much Deven (don't know if I spelled her name right) looks like Harmony when she was little. She is a little cutie!!

Hope all is well w/ you guys and I think we are due for a date soon:)