Saturday, May 8, 2010

a "glori"ous name

happy mother's day!
(my mom loves lower case)
it's mother's day and I just couldn't resist thanking my mother for the wonderful person that she is. what would we do without our mothers, we wouldn't be who we are if it weren't for our mothers.
my mother is extraordinary. she is the hardest worker I know. she has set such a great example to me and shown me never to do a job half way. my mom made so many sacrifices for me and my siblings, while we were growing up and still does to this day.
my mom worked extra hard so we could all go to preschool and take piano lessons, dancing, flute lessons, get braces and have new clothes.
I specifically remember in third grade, I had a field trip to the Hanson Planetarium. she stayed up all night making me some cute new shorts with a pocket and a pink button. she tucked away $5 in the pocket so I could buy a souvenir. I felt so thankful and guilty that she had spent all that time on me, that I didn't feel like I deserved to spend the $5. I brought the money back home to her.
she always had each of us feel so special on our birthday's. she would make these huge cakes each year with whatever character or item we decided or sometimes she would surprise us.
my mom went back to college when I was in high school. she had 5 kids, worked and her life wasn't the easiest at that time. but, she did it and graduated with her bachelors and very high grades. she was always my motivation and driving force while I was in college, especially when I was struggling.
I could write a novel about how my mother has influenced my life and made me who I am today. I strive to be like her everyday. I want the patience she has, I want to be more right brained like her, and I want to be as thoughtful and detail oriented like her.
Thank you for the wonderful life you have given me.
I love you mom.

1 comment:

Camille Schmidt said...

Your Mom sounds amazing, I can't believe how much she looks like one of your sisters when she was younger. I've never seen a picture of your dad- very handsome! I think you look kind of like him.