Monday, June 7, 2010

100% Reward and Indian Cave Hike

As Hayden's reward for getting 100% attendance during 4th grade, she was able to get nails and Glitter Toes.
She was so excited and counted down the days until she finally got them. I decided to take her to the beauty school, because its close by our house and its pretty cheap.
So at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday I took her to the beauty school. I stayed there for about an hour while she got started. Then the nail tech told me that she would be fine if I left and they would call me when they were getting close to being finished.
I was relieved because I was really tired since we had, had a yard sale that morning and I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. I zoomed home and got in bed and set my alarm. About 2 hours later Hayden text me and told me to come back. I hurried back to the school to find Hayden getting the Glitter toes applied, she wasn't even close to being done. I waited for another hour.
The whole process was 4.....hours......long.....
Are you serious??
In the end, Hayden really didn't mind, she had her lovely fingernails and her cute toes, and I guess I got a nap too.



Sunday, we decided to take a hike up to an Indian Cave by Cutler Dam. I hadn't been up there since my forth grade took a field trip there and I had found an arrowhead.
We saw quite a few owls on the way up.
The sad thing was, is that the cave wasn't all that cool and the hike was straight up the mountain.
Don't you just love it when your memories are actually better than the real thing?
The view from the cave was really pretty.


After we hiked down, we hiked over to Cutler Dam.


It was a lot bigger than I had remembered it.

1 comment:

NA said...

Suck on those sweet toes while she gives me a handjob