Friday, June 18, 2010

"I Like My Birthdays Every (thirty) One"

June 12th was my 31st birthday.


I might be different from most adults, but I thoroughly enjoy my birthdays, I don't care how old I am. I also loved to be surprised. I am not a snooper, I will not check the bank account, I won't read texts, I won't look for clues. Jeremy is great at surprises and this year was no exception.
He took me to Midway again to stay at the Homestead Resort. We love this place and don't get sick of it, it is away from everything, extremely beautiful and very relaxing. That night we strolled Main Street of Park City and visited little shops and stopped at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We love treats and sweets. I really love that Jeremy like them almost more than me, then I don't have to feel guilty.

The grounds of the Homestead are very beautifully landscaped and we enjoy walking around the yards.
I also got a surprise massage the next morning. I would never spend the money on myself, so I am happy that Jeremy lets me relax and enjoy myself on special occasions. We also shopped at the Park City Outlets and had to make a 2nd stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory( this time it was for Jeremy, I promise) and a cookie shop.
Later on in the week, my family had a party for the three June birthdays. That would be
Justine-June 1st
Me-June 12
Ryan-June 18th
We had pizza and drinks at the park and we each got our own dessert.
Cache was enjoying himself so much he wet his pants.

I got a ColdStone cake, Jeremy usually always buys me one for my birthday.
I got many nice gifts and I appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness. I had to smile when I looked at what I received for my birthday.........
  • 1 gift cert. to ColdStone
  • 1 gift cert. to Kneaders
  • 2 gift cert. to Temptation Cupcakes
  • 2 huge chocolate bars
  • 2 sugar cookies and a brownie from Normandie's
  • 1 bag of milanos

Well, I guess its no secret that I like a lot of really good treats.

My gift certificates will be gone in no time.

Thanks everyone for the great birthday.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy late Birthday! :) Looks like you had fun! I've never been to the homestead, but it does look beautiful! Maybe you'll have to have Jeremy talk to Josh ;) Sweets are definitely my weakness!!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!!! Good job Jeremy. I love the homestead. The grounds look beautiful.

Cheryl said...

Happy belated birthday and way to go Jeremy. He needs to send some tips Skylar's way :) sounds like a perfect day. Glad you got plenty of yummy treats too.

Camille Schmidt said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like Jeremy knows how to celebrate! I'm glad you had a good one!