Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School






This summer has just flown by. Back in May I was stressing out trying to figure out a babysitter for Hayden during the summer. I was lucky to find a girl in my neighborhood, Lizzy. Hayden had so much fun with her, but Lizzy had a busy schedule and couldn't do a lot of days. Abbey and my mom picked up all the rest. They would meet me in Mendon and have Hayden stay over so I wouldn't have to take her early in the morning. Hayden helped babysit Cache and earned money by doing chores for Nana. Hayden has always been such a good sport and never complains that she has to go different places everyday. Thank you so much Mom, Abbey & Lizzy. You made the summer too easy for me.
Some of our summer highlights:
* Hayden's 4Th trip to Kauai with my parents and Britany & Halli.
* Newcomb camp-out in Fairview
* Going to the pool once (that was a highlight for me, not Hayden she would have liked to go everyday)
* Hayden taking Hip-Hop
* Jeremy going to CA for baseball
* Miley Cyrus concert with Brit & Halli
* Camping
The summer is officially over and Hayden started school today. I can't believe she is in 3rd grade. She is too young, I am too young to have a 3rd grader ( I really am). The school Fairy came on Tuesday night and brought Hayden some very cute school clothes. Nana also gave her money to buy clothes and she went shopping with her Grandma Peterson for school stuff too. She has many clothes to choose from and it took her a while to decide which outfit would be perfect for the first day. Thanks Nana, Grandma P & The School Fairy for all the nice stuff.
Wednesday was back to school night and we got to go meet her new principal and her new teacher Mrs. Fluckiger ( flew, key, grr) Hayden was so excited to see her friends she had missed during the summer.
Hayden looked so cute. She has always had a sense for style and loves earrings and jewelry. She is the cutest one in her class.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my! Hayden's teacher's name...interesting, it's making me giggle. Hayden looked adorable for the first day of school! I hope 3rd grade is the best year yet, good luck hayden!

where is the school fairy when I need her? I guess when my kids start scool, she might come. hopefully she can leave something for me too ;)

Carrie said...

You are going to have to tell me what you think of Twighlight, and if you plan to read the whole series. I have not read it, and have been thinkiong I would start it as soon as I get done with the book i am reading now. It's good, It's called the 10th circle by Jodi Picoult. Anyway, I am probly the only girl in a 400 mile radius from here who has not read it! ;)

About Us said...

Hayden looks so cute for her 1st day of school. We saw her last night at the fair, her & Maddi had fun dancing. We hope to see her tonight & go on some rides. I love the pic. your mom put in the fair of Abby's baby in the pod. Sounds like you had a fun summer! Talk to you soon:)

Dan n Ash said...

Wow she is so grown up! I can't believe you have a third grader either! I was in 3rd grade when we moved to Utah! Maybe I should go shopping with Hayden so her sense of style can rub off on me...

Kevin & Lindsay said...

Hayden is SO gorgeous! I bet she was the cutest 3rd grader! Looks like you guys are having a good summer. I have been wanting to go to that place in Ogden. Looks fun

Carrie said...

ok, so i bought twilight today. i am not sure when i am going to start reading tho. i am nervous about it :) it's a big book. that in itself would not be so scary. but if you read the first one, it's like 'cmon, you gotta read them all right? well, as you know, they are all huge! i was looking at them all at the store today, as i recall, twilight is the shortest one! eeeek! what have i done!?

Lisa said...

She is so beautiful Darcie and what a cute outfit! They needed these kind of clothes back in our day!

Harmony said...

Happy back to school Hayden! You look cute!

Heidi said...

Hayden looked great for her first day of school and so grown up! Where does the time go?