Friday, August 29, 2008

Time to think


This morning I spent three house weeding and gardening. For those of you who know me, you know how much I totally hate doing yard work. I have Fridays off so last night I decided I would get out and to it while it was still cool. So after I took Hayden to school I started the huge task.

I know many people love to garden and they say it is therapeutic. For me, it is just another chore on my list that never ends.

But, while I was gardening today and listening to my ipod, I started to think of all the things I am thankful for. This week is our one year anniversary from buying our house. I do love my house and I am so thankful that I was able to buy it from Britany and that she took such good care of everything and put so many extras into the house and yard.

Every month I complain about my house payment, but today I realized how lucky we are to live where we do and to be able to have a house, a yard, a good safe neighborhood, a view of the mountains and space to live in. I could live in a cramped apartment building in a crazy city where my rent would probably be as much as my mortgage.

So even though gardening is not my thing; I am thankful that I have a yard to garden.

I am thankful for the many things I have that I take for granted everyday.



As I was pulling out a few dead plants I felt fall just around the corner. I really love fall and the new smells and colors it brings, but at the same time, I will miss being able to go outside with bare feet in the grass.


I wanted a few pictures before its all gone in a month or so.

5 comments:

About Us said...

WOW! Your yard looks amazing! You can come do mine, but it will need alot of landscaping. I wouldn't mind doing yard work if my yard was as nice as yours. Good Job!!

Carrie said...

Your yard looks GREAT! Mine could really use a good three hours of attention-nice job :)

Cheryl said...

You may hate gardening but man you are definitely good at it. Your yard looks awesome! You guys look like you've had a great fun summer. I can't believe it is already coming to an end. Hayden looks darling on her first day back to school. Hope we get the chance to see you guys in a few weeks!

Heidi said...

Ditto! Your yard looks great! I need you to come do mine as well!
Oh, and the new blog look is nice :)
We were up at my parents' house for Labor Day and watching old Belmont videos.....ah, good times!!

Britany said...

your destiny's child song made me laugh it used to be one of my favorite songs when i was at byu :) will you send me the yard pics too?