Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 random things about me

Tagged by my bff Mandi

25 random things about me:
(I don't know if I can come up with 25 things)

1-I love sweets. I could eat sweets and nothing else, mainly pastries, cakes, cookies, brownies, cold stone, cheesecake, etc, etc.
2-I love to exercise. I really enjoy jogging, biking, weight lifting, hiking, etc. Its just finding the time to do it.
3-Spiders and other bugs do not bother me.
4-I had a trampoline in my front room growing up
5-I learned to ski when I was 5 years old
6-I don't eat any red meat and haven't for many years
7-I haven't had a hot dog since I was 13
8-I bought my first car when I was 15 for $200 and drove it with it not licensed or insured. Then I sold it for $90. R.I.P. Fagabomb
9-I like to wake up early
10-I like to go to bed early
11-I can do a back bend
*I can't think of any more*
12-I would love to be able to speak Spanish fluently
13-I am scared to swim in water that I can't see what's underneath me.
14-My hand, feet and nose are cold 99% of the time.
15-I like to be and feel organized at work and at home
16-I learned to drive a stick shift when I was 10 with my Dad, burning ditches in Bear River City on the farm.
17-I am a compulsive picker. I pick my cuticles, my hair and my face.
18-I pick my clothes out the night before
19-I like to shop and not buy anything
20-I have a list of goals that I am trying to accomplish and things I am trying to do better
21-I can't sit still, I am always on the move. I would get fired if I had a desk job.
22-I think about the future of my life and what I can do to get there, that a lot of the time I forget about enjoying the here and now. (I am working on this one)
23-I want to have one more child in the future
24-I am a girl with a checklist. I make lists and feel relieved as I check each task off
25-I love my Hayden and my Jeremy :-)

I tag any one that wants to do it.

13 comments:

Carrie said...

that's a great list!! ya, bugs and spiders don't actually bother me that much either. i kill spiders all on my own, w/out screaming. in a piece of tissue i might add. :)snakes...that's a different story.

Carrie said...

ok, so i just had to add...i love that you make a list to cross off. i need to do that!! sometimes i have so much to do and get overwhelmed and then don't do anything. but, i think if i could look at it in black and white, take a breath, accomplish something, then cross it off that would help so much. Preston on the other hand, is a HUGE list maker. he has a little notebook that he carries with him EVERYWHERE! he lost it at work one time and got literally sick to his stomach. he was totally lost and antsy without it. it was sad! thank goodness someone saw it and saved it from the garbage can.

Darcie said...

Ok, I am not that bad with my lists. That's funny.

April said...

Hey, Darcie!
I didn't know you want to know Spanish! We should schedule a short lesson each week for fun this next school year, or some arrangement like that. I love teaching Spanish, and I'm pretty good at it, if I do say so myself, which obviously I do.
You're half-way there already, just by WANTING it.
Let me know if you like this idea.

Unknown said...

That trampoline in your front room was my FAVORITE thing in your house growing up... we always thought it was so cool.. and we were just talking about it the other day actually!

Darcie said...

April,
como sedi say "yes"? I think that would be a great idea.
I saw the movie about Pres. Hinkley with your brother, very awesome.
I think Levi is going to Hollywood

Anonymous said...

Oh don't you think I have forgotten about your indoor trampoline. I used to think you were the luckiest girl alive, not only to have a trampoline, but in your house. I tell my husband about it all the time.

About Us said...

Oh my heck I love this post, it brings back tons of good memories:) I loved old Fagabomb, we had alot of good times in that car 1st picking it up @ the girls house and then the E-brake above Belmont, and last but not least our little drive up the divide:) I will never forget those days! And I loved your tramp in your front room. And I think your whole family loves sweets:)

About Us said...

A few more things, I remember when we would have sleep overs we would always make a treat late @ night one time we made jello and put it in the freezer to speed it along & then we made coffee @ my house once & I think my mom was going nutts! Then what about when we would do the little dance on the white lines of the road, and then sleeping in Heather's camper and squeezing each others hands cuz we thought someone was outside. I had so much fun all those years, I hope Maddi & Hayden have the fun we did:)
Sorry to write so much, but I couldn't resist:)

About Us said...

That should say coffee cake, SORRY!

Darcie said...

Mandi,
Those were the days I will never forget. Our moms must have been really patient. I don't know if I would allow that sort of stuff now days.
Thanks for the memories

Brandy said...

Hey Darcie, It' Brandy Bourne(now Drollinger)! I found your blog on the class website and was really excited! It's fun to see how you're doing! I remember the good old days with your trampoline too! I'll never forget when you hit the wall while we were jumping and split your head open! Crazy!

Camille Schmidt said...

Hey Darcie! I loved reading that. I am a list girl too. I also am a closet compulsive picker!!! I pick my arms to death when I'm stressed- so it always seems like I have to wear long sleeves! I also have not had a hot dog or red meat since I was very young. I remember how much you love sweets- but you've never looked like it! (I certainly do!)