Sunday, June 21, 2009

The GREAT Men I Know

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men in my life.

I am thankful for my dad and the hard worker he was. He worked 14 hours a day about 7 days a week to run my families resort. He worked so hard and didn't get to sleep much when he had to clean the pool during the summer months. When ever I think that life is hard, I think of how much he worked and the example he was to all of us.
My dad was very adventurous and loved to ski and would take us kids as many times as we could afford in the winter. He also taught himself to snowboard. He made a ski jump out at Belmont where we would ski down the number 9 tee off and go off a ramp into the warm water. He never let age be a factor for him. He roller bladed, water skied, golfed and loved to try new things.
He would eat anything. One time we found some old army rations in my Grandma's storage and we decided it would be funny to play a joke on him and cook it up. It was at least 30 years old. We opened the cans and heated it up and put it on a plate and said, "here is your dinner." We all stayed close by to see his reaction. He ate the whole thing and then we told him what it was. He wasn't mad, he thought it was good. .......... Sick!
Next, My wonderful Step-Father Ted. What an awesome guy he is. He and my Mom have been married almost 3 years. He would do anything for any of us. He is so young. You would never guess he is 63. He loves to golf and always invites to go. He is so generous and treats us like his own
When I got divorced I was so scared that I would never find a person that would love me and also my Hayden. Taking on the responsibility of a child is not any easy thing. Jeremy never
had an issue with it. He has done his best and tries so hard to be the best he can for me and Hayden.
I love all these wonderful men and don't know what I would do without them.

7 comments:

camille said...

Darcie, I am glad you are so happy with your hubby. It was great to meet him. Hope you had fun at the Homestead, because we sure did. By the way, Happy Late Birthday. I guess it's fun to hit the big three ohh.

About Us said...

Darcie, I'm glad to see you so happy, you deserve it!! And I love seeing all the pictures of your dad, WOW! It brings back lots of good memories. Thanks for always being such a great friend. What I wouldn't do to be young again. I think we had the BEST summers, a girl could ask for:)

Lisa said...

What cute pics and you are surrounding by such loving people! What a cute Dad and step Dad and don't get me started on how cute your hubby is! It was so fun getting to meet him at work! Please work on running Varsi over so I can come in again! Just don't make it hurt her to much because she is a sweetheart! It was so fun seeing you too! Miss you already!

Jenny said...

Your blog was fun to read. You and Jeremy are so fun to work with. Your daughter is SO beautiful.

Happy Birthday!!!

Harmony said...

very nice post darcie. And that picture of Hayden, Jeremy and baby makes me excited. Look how cute he is with a little baby...who's baby is that anyway???

Darcie said...

Harmony, that baby is your nephew, CACHE!

Suzy Kessler said...

Darcie, Your comments on your fathers touched me so. Thank you for that. I read it to grandma moo. We both cried. You have great men in your life. You are very lucky. Hope all is well. Maybe we can see you on the 24th Love Suzy