Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Fun

We usually like to paint our pumpkins instead of carve them.  I hate making messes and carving is so messy and only lasts for a short time.  When you paint, they last all month.
 Hayden did the mummy and I did the Frankenstein, Jeremy hasn't finished his yet.

I enjoy making things out of clay and I have a snowmen and penguin set I have made for Winter decorations. So this year, I decided to make a Halloween clay set.
First, I mold each item out of sculpy clay.  Then I have to cook them for about 5 hours in the oven to make them hard.  Then I paint them all.  It is a fun little project for me, it takes a couple of days to complete.  I think I might start making them for each holiday.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your pumpkins! I've never painted pumpkins but might have to try it out next year. I love carving pumpkins, I don't know how you don't think its fun :) Maybe I carve because I have Zero artisitc ability and if I painted I might not have anything recognizable (plus i'd probably hate it and try painting something else over it and ruin it completely).. I also love your clay projects! I wish I had your talent :)

About Us said...

I love your pumpkins, you are so talented. And I never new you liked making things w/ clay is this a new hobby?

Harmony said...

I didn't know you made stuff out of clay. how cute are you?!

Camille Schmidt said...

There's no end to your talents! Very cute!