Saturday, October 23, 2010

What would you do?

What would you do if you pulled over on the side of the freeway to drop your daughter off with her Grandpa and a baby kitten ran out of the weeds? No houses are close by and no other cats are around. The kitten is starving and looking for food everywhere, its so small, probably too young to even eat food. But you can tell, as you hold it, that is knows people and is not a wild cat???

Well, I had to take him home, I couldn't just leave him there.  I took him home and he instantly started to scarf down Tara's adult cat food.  I gave him a bath and really didn't know what to do with him.  Hayden was gone for the night at my parents and Jeremy was at a concert.
 The big problem with this kitty is that he was so stinkin' cute from the start.  I am not easily impressed by animals and I thought Tara was a very uncute kitten, so that's saying a lot for me.  His face is adorable.
He could eat cat food and he automatically knew how to use a litter box.
Now what?
So.....we have a new member of our family.
Jasper, is a very coordinated kitten with a lot of spunk. 
Tara has mixed emotions about what to think, but she is acting motherly, which is good since this poor kitten got dumped on the side of the road at about 5 weeks old to fend for himself.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Awe, what a cute kitty! I am w/ you, I'd totally have had to take him in. Not a huge cat fan myself, but those two are cute together, cute pics.

Lisa said...

Sweetest kitty ever! I LOVE happy endings!

Dan n Ash said...

uh oh don't turn into the 'scary cat lady down the street' when you get older:)

About Us said...

Well I would of left the cat there, I HATE cats!! But you did the right thing. :) Hayden is getting so grown, I can't believe it! Sorry my life is so CRAZY!! I feel bad we have never got to go out for your birthday, hope all is well and tell Jeremy & Hayden hello...